organisation

Beacon South Quarter – Dublin

In 2011 Clúid received approval to purchase 58 high quality apartments in a well-serviced location in the Beacon South Quarter scheme in Sandyford. This represented the first private finance initiative and the first time the Housing Finance Agency (HFA) gave a loan directly to the housing association sector.

A loan of approximately 75% of the purchase price was approved by the HFA. The remaining 25% was funded from Clúid resources and a newly created Government subsidy payment, which supports the purchasing of new homes for social housing, using funding from financial institutions.

All apartments were purchased from NAMA. Thirty-four of the apartments were allocated to social housing, and the remaining 24 will be rented at market rents. This is in keeping with the Government’s objective of developing mixed-tenure communities that have the capacity to be socially and economically sustainable in the long term.

Clúid let the social housing units to tenants at an affordable rent, and rented the other apartments at market price to people with higher incomes. The income from rents is being used by Clúid to repay the loan.

Gallery

Where We Have Built

Carlow

134 Units

Cavan

38 Units

Cork

476 Units

Donegal

130 Units

Dublin

191 Units

Galway

111 Units

Kerry

103 Units

Kilkenny

18 Units

Laois

147 Units

Leitrim

10 Units

Limerick

78 Units

Longford

8 Units

Louth

117 Units

Mayo

39 Units

Meath

40 Units

Monaghan

12 Units

Offaly

47 Units

Roscommon

25 Units

Sligo

91 Units

Tipperary

213 Units

Waterford

99 Units

Wexford

91 Units