Clúid Housing is proud to offer cost rental housing to the public. This new rental option is supported by the Department of Housing, Local Government, and Heritage.
Cost rental is not-for-profit housing. Your rent covers the cost of the construction, management, and maintenance of your new home. Cost rental offers you a long-term, secure tenancy that is more affordable. We’ve managed to achieve rents that start at 25% below the average local area rent. Cost rental is a long-term rental option.
For more information on cost rental, please Cost Rental FAQ
visit our frequently asked questions page.
To apply for our cost rental properties, you need to be able to prove the following:
- Your net household income is below €53,000 per annum
- You are not in receipt of any social housing supports (including Rent Supplement or HAP)
- You do not own a property
- Your household size matches the size of the property advertised (All members of the household must be living in Ireland at time of applying)
- You can afford to pay the cost rent for the home
- Your household has only entered one application for a specific cost rental property
*Terms and conditions for cost rental housing in Ireland are set out in the Affordable Housing Act 2021.
Successful applicants will receive an email requesting that you create an account. You can log in to upload your required documents.LOG IN
- One-bed unit – Suitable for a single person, or cohabiting couple
- Two-bed unit – suitable for two adults or cohabiting couple/lone parent with 1 or more children
- Three-bed unit – suitable for three adults or cohabiting couple/lone parent with 2 or more children
We will not consider an application that will lead to over occupation of a property. Over occupation is where more than two children are occupying one bedroom per household.