To request a repair in your home, please submit the ‘Order a Repair’ online form Here

COVID 19 and your rent

Clúid is a non-profit charity that works to create a society where everyone has a great place to live. Clúid calculates your rent based on your income. This ensures your rent is affordable for your household. It pays for the ongoing maintenance of your home and the community you live in.

As you know, the Government introduced a rent freeze in April 2020. Clúid supported the Government’s decision and we have not increased your rent during the COVID 19 emergency. However, the Government has now reviewed and updated the rent freeze legislation and we now need to process your new weekly rent. Please contact us if your situation has changed recently.
Otherwise, please choose from the options below:

Option 1 – My income has decreased since April 2020
Clúid has already reduced your rent. The new Government legislation states that rent increases cannot take place for the following groups:

• People who are unemployed or unpaid because of COVID 19
• People who are receiving a Pandemic Unemployment Payment, a Temporary Wage Subsidy or other COVID 19 payment

You will need to let us know if you are no longer receiving one of the above payments or if you have recently returned to work. Please go to the contact us page of our website.

Option 2 – My income has not changed since April 2020
We are now processing your new increased weekly rent. This will be based on the information you sent us earlier this year. Your rent will increase on Monday 5th October 2020. You do not need to do anything right now. We will be back in touch two weeks from now with your new weekly rent amount.

If your household income has changed because of COVID 19 please let us know by visiting the contact us page of our website.

Please contact us immediately if you are struggling and we will do everything we can to help you. Housing Officers monitor rent accounts every week and will contact you if you miss a payment. They will make a rent arrears agreement with you to help you get back on track.

If you refuse to engage with us and continue to build up arrears, the first step we will take is to raise a case for mediation or adjudication with the Residential Tenancies Board. Where arrears continue to rise, despite continued efforts by Clúid to assist you, you will be given a notice to terminate your tenancy and will lose your home.

Recite me