General Safety Tips
For your safety, do not interfere with the sealed main fuse and meter units provided by ESB Networks.
- Spot and replace frayed wires, loose connections, or damaged plugs immediately
- Always switch off and unplug electrical items when not in use
- Unwind extension leads fully to avoid overheating
- Don’t overload sockets with adaptors or extension blocks
- Test your trip switch or residual current device (RCD) twice yearly (when the clocks change) by pushing the test button
- Always use a registered Electrical Contractor to carry out electrical work.
Tumble Dryer Safety*
- Always register a new dryer with the manufacturer so you get up-to-date information on any potential issues that may cause a safety hazard
- Carefully read the manufacturer’s manual before using the dryer for the first time. Make sure you follow all the safety information and warnings
- Clean out lint and fluff from the filter and around the door after every use and do not allow fibre, dust and dirt to accumulate around the exhaust exit or nearby areas
- Do not dry unwashed items or clothes that have come in contact with flammable chemicals
- Allow each drying programme, including the ‘cool down cycle’, to complete fully
- Do not stop the dryer before the drying cycle comes to an end unless all items are quickly removed, and the door is left open to let it cool down
- If possible, unplug or switch off appliances at the socket overnight and when going out to avoid the risk of an electrical fault causing a fire
- Do not allow children to use the dryer
- Provide enough ventilation to prevent overheating and never place a dryer on a carpet-covered floor
- Do not use extension cords, multi-plugs or adaptors to connect the dryer to the power supply as doing so increases the potential for electric shock or fire.
Clúid Resident Newsletter – Winter 2022read more
Clúid Resident Newsletter – Summer 2022read more
Ingrid Swan takes up a new role as horticulturistread more